In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ruger red label stainless sporting

grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I bought a red label sporting with stainless barrels and receiver and wood stocks. The gun came with 8 Briley tubes. I can't find much info on it. Can someone steer me to a good web site with some info?

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.rugerforum.com
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well in my opinion you did good on the selection of the Ruger, I love mine and it doesn't have the SS barrels. [:D][:p][^][:0]
  • Options
    RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grizz,
    You did well and it appears yours came with extra chokes or, if used, someone has bought some additional chokes. I bought my 20 ga sporting clay model new, it came with 5 chokes; 2 skeet, 1 full, 1 improved cylinder and 1 modified. Did you get 2 full, 2 modified and 2 improved cylinder with yours?
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, I think I got 1xf 1im 1Lm 2sk 1mod 1ic. Not sure now, my bag is in the truck with the tubes in the bag. They are all Briley extended and are marked Ruger. Bought the gun at a show for $750, and wasn't sure if I got a deal or not. I wasn't looking for a Red Label, but I liked this gun, and it fit well. I never shot skeet as well as I shot with this gun, and my first round of trap with it from the 16, I broke them all. I'm still shooting the same from the Handicap line, and I don't think my score changed in Sporting clays. I like using the same gun for everything, but I do switch back to my 1187 once in awhile.
  • Options
    RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the RRL is in good condition, I think you did very well.