In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

peterson barrel

chicoppeechicoppee Member Posts: 312 ✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
I just ran across a Winchester High Wall rifle in 22rf. Gun is customized and has 2 extra holes in the receiver and 2 extra on barrel. Barrel also has scope blocks mounted. The original owner must have been short because the buttstock has been shortened significantly.
My question is about the barrel that is marked A W Peterson Denver Co.
Condition of the bore is excellent.Do Peterson barrels bring a premium and if so apx what percent?
Thanks

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Axel Peterson was a famous gunsmith and barrel maker in Denver, during late 19th/early 20th Century, time frame.

Burt would probably be more knowledgeable but a high wall with a original Peterson .22 rimfire barrel, probably would have a lot more collector interest then the barrel by itself.
  • MPMP Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When buying a barrel maker's barrel like Peterson, Niedner, Pope and others only MINT bores should be considered IMO.

You should go beyond the name and and inspect the bore, I would never buy a "Excellent" bore, I'm not even sure what that means.