In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

conversion clip

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
i recently purchased a federal ordnance SEM CA 1911 lower with an iver johnson 22lr slide conversion kit...kit has iver johnson arms rockledge fl, made in europe on it...clip is a solid plastic or polymer (can't see shells or spring)with a square tit on the left rear top thatis diff from any other i have seen...any clues where to buy 1 or 2 extra clips....thanks

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Have you tried a MAGAZINE it is incorrectly called a clip from a kimber marvel or one of the many colt conversions [?]Ciner may be the actual maker of yours but good luck on getting them to ship you one. edit Go on the auction side and look at Conversion under all and look at all the conversion units made for 1911 yype pistols then look at the magazines in different names . This will give you and idea. then search magazines under this brand in pistol parts. You will most likely not find them if you search CLIPS.

EDIT II look on other web site at NEW PRODUCTION Marvel conversion units I think that is the magazine you have send me pm and I will try to find auction number.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take PS's advice and GOOGLE Iver Johnson conversion kits. They do come up as being of recent production. They show the magazines as being made out of aluminum though, not plastic.

My guess is that PS is correct in this respect also, i.e. these modern made conversion kits are made by Ciner. And Ciner's magazines probably wouldn't work in your pistol.

Federal Ordnance was in business in California about 20 years ago. They probably had .22 conversion kits made for their .45's in Europe. Ciner is located here in the US. His conversion kits wouldn't be marked Made in Europe.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that the fellas mean Ciener:

http://www.22lrconversions.com/

Some folks have found that they get their orders more quickly from a dealer.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yep....figured it was dated....found iver was/is??? in rockledge or cocoa Fl....have a phone #...one check says it's there, one says no ??..they do have a website but none look similar and no email route....tit runs in slot on left side of slide and doesn't seem to catch anything ..no last shot hold open..guess i will try during business hours...
  • Options
    tjh1948tjh1948 Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EAA also sold a 22 Conversion Unit that was made in Italy. Except for the magazine, which has the stud you referenced, it is very close in design to the Ciener units. Check with EAA as to the availability of magazines.

I looked at my Instruction Sheet for the unit. It is from 1998 & lists EAA in Sharpes, Florida. If I am reading it right, EAA's stock # or document # is 191122MN.WPD.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    My Kimber kit is a older one with the alum. mag most likley made by Ciener. Kimber told me their new plastic mags wouldn't work with the older kit. WRONG, I got two of the new plastic ones and they feed fine [;)][^]

EDIT, I looked at the IJ web site and the magazines sure look like the Kimber-Ciener mags.
  • Options
    tjh1948tjh1948 Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I compared my EAA unit to a Kimber & a Ciener Unit. The Kimber & Ciener both have a flat metal ejectors like an old Colt unit has. The EAA unit does not have the ejector. I suspect that the stud you referenced is actually the ejector & while current magazines may feed; they may not reliably eject. I would dump the unit you have & buy a real one rather than invest in new magazines.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yep ejector...extractor pulls em back and this flips case right...just another senior moment...well i have only $250 in the whole rig and it works good and shoots straight...figure it will be worth some effort to find a spare magazine...or one that works..i can build that piece on if need be...still hard to beat the factory cz Kadet though