In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gen 4 Glock 20 availability

poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
edited December 2012 in Ask the Experts
Glock America says that these are available, but I haven't found any available for sale, including on Gunbroker. There have been statements on some sites that there are performance problems with this model. I'd like to get one for my son before Christmas if possible. Does anyone know whether there are any problems with availability of the Gen 4 model 20?

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not sure that they are available. I think there is a weak spot in the frame, where the changable backstrap for the grip fits. I am not even sure that you can put the 20 slide and barrel on the 21 frame.

They do not even show a Gen 4 on their own web site.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I e-mailed Glock America about this. Team Glock replied on 11/9 that they are available. But I've been looking for almost 2 months now and can't find one for sale. I'm starting to think that if there is a problem, I should wait.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by posh
    I e-mailed Glock America about this. Team Glock replied on 11/9 that they are available. But I've been looking for almost 2 months now and can't find one for sale. I'm starting to think that there is a problem and I should wait.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should you need a 4th Gen mag, you can notch out a normal FML magazine for the ambi notch and it'll work fine. I used to have the dimensions for creating the notch but I'd have to look for it. Seems like I found it over on 10mmtalk dot com.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm interested in the Gen 4 because of the features I've heard and read about,in order of importance to me: 1)More support for the cartridge to deal with heavy hunting loads. 2)Double recoil springs-same reason. 3)Adjustable grip. 4)Better grip surface. 5)Itcomes with 3 mags. Best to all
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot through the heavy DoubleTapAmmo loads through my 3rd Gen with no pressure issues. The other reasons mentioned you are dead on.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by posh
    I'm interested in the Gen 4 because of the features I've heard and read about,in order of importance to me: 1)More support for the cartridge to deal with heavy hunting loads. 2)Double recoil springs-same reason. 3)Adjustable grip. 4)Better grip surface. 5)Itcomes with 3 mags. Best to all

I bought aftermarket barrels from Lone Wolf for My G 20 & G27 because of this. There is a substantial difference between the chamber dimensions of the Lone Wolf's and Glock. I measured .007 smaller in diameter at the mouth of the chamber of the Lone Wolf. The Lone Wolf's also have conventional rifling that are compatible with lead bullet reloads.