In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning A-5 wood

IrisMIrisM Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited August 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hello All.

My question concerns the buttstock and foream for a Browning A-5 Sweet Sixteen. I would like to know whether the stock and forearm from any other model/gauge A-5 will fit and function on the Sweet Sixteen, or if the wood is specific to this model alone. I need both and I will advertise in the "wanted" forum once I learn what to ask for.
Thank you!
vr,
"IrisM"
P.S. I don't have daily Internet access, so it will be a couple of days until I am able to see any reply.

Comments

• Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    The stocks are all the same, only a 16 gauge forarm will fit, either a standard 16 gauge or a Sweet 16 forarm will work.
    There where some 3 shot Sweet 16s made, the forarms are stamped specifically "3 shot", these will fit nothing but a 3 shot gun.
    The 12 gauge stocks made from the mid 70s on, and the ones manufactured in Japan will fit, but, the wood tends to be proud, not fitting flush with the actions.
    Hope this helps.
    W.D.
  • Options
    rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    My 1976 Light 12 and my 1992 Light Twenty had different
    drops. Neither was modified.