In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mounting night vision scope

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in Ask the Experts
A customer has a NVRS (Night Vision Rifle Scope) Gen 1 that he wants to mount on a Savage Model 11 rifle in 22-250 caliber. What base will mount the scope high enough to clear the bolt handle when the bolt is opened?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Measure the scope with a dial caliper. You want to get the largest diameter of the scope. This is the diameter that has to have the proper clearance with the receiver/barrel.

Once you get this diameter. Call up the customer service rep at Brownells. Give them the diameter of the scope. You might either have to have extra high rings. Or even special spacers, that fit between the rings and mount.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This scope will not work with rings, it comes with an attached mount that can be fastened to the base. I will try to post pictures to clairify my question. Thanks!
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The base recommended by Yukon is:

Standard Weaver MIL-STD-1913 rail mount system

Per their advertising. If you need a taller rail then you can look at the AR risers available which will require fitting. I'm not sure you'll need anything other than the rail.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Customer came up with a base that came with the scope that works! Moderator, please close this topic!