In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Metal Shoulder Stock? Any guess for what?

406STROKER406STROKER Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited September 2014 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know what this is for? Thanks Eric.
472-1.jpg

Thanks for all the good info. I have many black powder and antiques so I will hook it up to one that it fits the best when it gets here. Thanks again for all your input!!!

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    GLOCK [}:)]sorry could not resist

I think Richarda hit the nail on the head
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See if it looks as if a ball and cap revolver grip would fit in that bracket. Have seen a few of those, and they are not a NFA firearm as it would be on a modern handgun.

That one may have belonged to Superman......[:p]
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it was plastic Glock would be a good answer. I second looking at the old wheel guns like cap and ball revolvers Remington, Colt maybe even a Single Action Army.
  • Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps for a Stevens Tip-Up?
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a lot of wraparound in the "jaws" and a lot of travel on the clamping screw. I think it is a generic aftermarket stock that would grab nearly any revolver butt you clamped it down on.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is a generic aftermarket stock that would grab nearly any revolver butt you clamped it down on.
    Yep, sold in hardware stores in the 1900's.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd guess 32 & 38 S&W Hand Ejector, small frame Colts and earlier top breaks.
    It may be universal
    Stevens had a dovetail base and screw connection.
    The photo is upside down.
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They were generic.

65 cents in 1905 Sears catalog:

"To attach this stock, wrap a piece of cloth around the revolver handle to prevent it from becoming marred, and screw it fast with the thumb nut."

By 1910 up to 75 cents and "jaws covered with leather"
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look familiar?

SCAN2725+copy+10.jpg

As already mentioned, they're for revolvers. Not sure exactly what model(s) yours fits, but the info given above is probably correct.

FWIW, I think your image is upside down.

Also, as mentioned above, it would be against the law to attach that stock to any modern (ie non-black powder) revolver, at least not without registering it with the Federal Gov't, and doing a bunch of paperwork first.