In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

h&r 165 leatherneck

dfsdfs Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited September 2014 in Ask the Experts
does anybody know about these rifles h&r 165 leatherneck. I am in need of the bolt stop assembly. I ordered the parts from gun parts corp the parts they sent do not work, were there different variations of this part?

Comments

• Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Are they the wrong part or just need fitting. It's common that some parts don't just "drop in".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the screw holes are not in the right location. Actually it would be a great help if i could just see a close up picture of the bolt stop assembly. If any body would want to take a close up picture of the bolt stop and send it to me that would awesome.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    I would certainly call them about it and make sure they sent the right parts. Things have been tough on Numrich in recent years. With the internet it appears people prefer to sell their parts themselves for full value. Greatly reducing the availability that Numrich once enjoyed. I've had them send parts in recent years that were supposed to be THE part ordered. But in truth were something that they deemed "close enough that it could be modified to work". I imagine a lot of people receiving such parts don't bother to return them. So a sale is a sale to Numrich. Regardless of if it actually helps the buyer.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not much on the internet. But I found this, for a few bucks if you can find no other help.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/leatherneck.htm
  • Options
    336marlin336marlin Member Posts: 201 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There were a couple variations but as far as I know they didn't vary on the same model. They worked similarly but the stop pin on the 65 was in front of the front screw and on the 165 behind the front screw. If you look at some that are on this site for sale you can see the difference. If you want to post an email I will send you a close-up of one on a 165, I don't have a photo bucket account, I don't see the need to patronize them when photos can be sent in jpg or bitmap format in an email.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i think that is the issue GPC sent me the wrong part. i would still like a picture, you can email it to info@davisfirearms.com. thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the help