In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Precision Shooting Instruction Dallas

AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
edited September 2014 in Ask the Experts
My 10 yo son and I have been shooting pistols and rifles for a couple of years and have reached a plateau in precision. Does anyone here know anyone in the Dallas area that provides instruction/coaching in precision rifle and pistol shooting?

I'm more interested in private advanced coaching than group programs. Any programs I've found so far won't accept my son as being too young, even though he's safer and more accurate than most adult shooters I see at the range.

Comments

• AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I posted this right before the forums went down, but still trying to find something. So bumping it in case someone can help.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Go to NRA and see if there are any NRA BUULS-EYE matches in THE Dallas FORT WORTH area. If so go to one of these matches Talk to the people that are running the match and older guys during Breaks between 22 & center fire stages then again during lunch or break between centerfire stage and 45ACP stage see if anyone is willing to coach or knows a coach. We have a JR. program and when I was state team Captain we had 3 national Jr. Champs and many Jr 4 person teams at The national Championships in Camp Perry OHIO . There are many types of pistol as well as rifle matches BUT Bulls-Eye pistols will teach you things that will make you a better marksman in any type of Pistol or rifle shooting
    We shoot one handed at both 50 and 25 yards at a 3 inch 10 ring target the total BLACK is about 7 inches.
  • AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great idea, thanks Perry shooter.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AzAfshin,

If you would like to watch the best precision shooters in the country compete, I suggest you make time to travel to Frost, TX. just south of Dallas (one hour) to see the Precision Rifle Series Championship Match September 26-28, 2014:

The Rifle Ranch
    Frost, Texas

http://www.precisionrifleseries.com/prs-season-finale.html

While you're there you can speak with the club members to get an idea about private or personal instruction. You will make more contacts at this match that at any other facility outside of K&M in Florida.

Best.