In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

S&W SD9VE - Magazines

ENBLOCENBLOC Member Posts: 327 ✭✭
edited September 2014 in Ask the Experts
Wondered what other S&W model # magazines will fit my SD9VE? Sigma? Others?
Thx,
ENBLOC

Comments

• Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used the Sigma 9 mags in my SD9VE. They do not always match up well on the bottom, because of the baseplate being different in the 2 models, but they worked for me.

Jon
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any Smith Sigma series mags should work in that gun.

Per Smith, that would be magazines for models: SW9C, SW9E, SW9F, SW9G, SW9GP, SW9P, SW9V, SW9VE, Sigma Series.

Don't think any other common pistol mag is compatible with these (including Glock).

If you really wanted to stretch, in some cases 40SW magazines will still function OK with 9mm luger rounds. I don't know if this is the case with the Sigma mags, but it might be.

One reason why people do this is to cram extra 9mm rounds into your magazine in jurisdictions that require limited capacity magazines. For example, supposedly its possible to cram 13-14 9mm lugers into a restricted capacity 10 round .40SW Glock magazine and still get good function.

I can't really recommend this practice for defensive use where reliability is paramount. But it might be worth a shot for a practice/recreational magazine, especially if you can get your hands on a 40SW Sigma-type magazine on the cheap.