In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Smith Model 14, Part Trois - The Acquisition

MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
edited September 2014 in Ask the Experts
So, I bought one. Best one at the Rochester, NY show yesterday. 14-3, TT, TH, Target Grips. In the original box with matching serial number. 8-3/8" barrel single and double action.

So, serial number is 8K36509. When was it made, ye ole experts?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

EDIT #1,

Unless you got arms and muscles like popeye the sailorman. 8 3/8" Smiths aren't easy to shoot off hand. Thats why most wind up as safe queens.

Years ago I had a Model 25 with a 6 1/2" barrel. Bought a 4" barrel. Had a gunsmith switch them. Much easier to shoot.

You have to get a knowledgeable Smith gunsmith though. Who won't screw up either the barrels or the gun, when he's switching them.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MG1890
    So, I bought one. Best one at the Rochester, NY show yesterday. 14-3, TT, TH, Target Grips. In the original box with matching serial number. 8-3/8" barrel single and double action.

Drool. [;)]
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah
    quote:Originally posted by MG1890

Drool. [;)]

I did, but I may have overbought. I want to shoot it. 99% with just the absolute faintest turn ring. $900 + tax. Thing was like a magnet, I couldn't look away.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As nice as they were back then, they can still be slicked up some. Start holding a gallon milk jug full of water at arms length (pistol shooting position) as often and as long as you can.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This thread needs pics...........

Guns.jpg

SWK38.jpg

top is a .22

K-2238.jpg

Joespictures011.jpg

IMG_0005-4.jpg