In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can anyone I.D. these parts?

buttplatebuttplate Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
edited September 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hello!
I need help identifying the manufacturer of these parts. The one on the left I know is a cylinder release button, and the one on the right is a cylinder crane, but I don't have any idea what the middle item is, and I don't know the manufacturer of any of the three items.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old Gun Guy
000_3661_zps30ca7ab5.jpg
000_3659_zps2ddede73.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hello!
    I have been unable to find out what firearm these ejector/extractors were manufactured for, or if in fact they are ejectors or extractors. They are all the same. Can anyone I.D. these parts?
    Thank you!
    Old Gun Guy
    000_3274_zps8d57dd64.jpg
    000_3277_zps26d23d3e.jpg
    000_3280_zps8c11dee4.jpg
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks to be a hammer strut. Most will have a small hole in the shaft for use in taking the lock work down. The main spring slips over the shaft and bears against one or two shoulders in the frame where the strut seats. The fork engages a cross-piece in the hammer to deliver the spring pressure.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    62fuelie,
    Thanks for the reply. None of these hammer struts have a hole at the bottom like most others do.
    buttplate
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They look to me to be parts for West German, Rohm RG-57 revolver. The triangular shaped cylinder release lever, is the most distinctive part. This was the top of the line 357 Rohm, with vented rib barrel. Their "Python", if you will?[:D]

Photo here of a slightly different model. Best that I could find on the net, though.

400px-Rohm_RG-38.jpg
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buttplate
    Hello!
    I need help identifying the manufacturer of these parts. The one on the left I know is a cylinder release button, and the one on the right is a cylinder crane, but I don't have any idea what the middle item is, and I don't know the manufacturer of any of the three items.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Old Gun Guy
    000_3661_zps30ca7ab5.jpg
    000_3659_zps2ddede73.jpg

HOW THE HELL DO ALWAYS GET YOUR PICTURES ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT SIDE [?][?][?][xx(]