In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1992 32 rim fire Marlin

dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited September 2014 in Ask the Experts
I know I can get a firing pin to convert this gun to a center fire but can somebody tell me what ammo I can use? I know they made a 32 long and a 32 short. would it tell me on the barrel if it was a 32 long? I have some 32 short and 32 long colt ammo.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I think you mean 1892, not 1992. [;)]
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Be Aware that yes there were 2 firing pins I loved the one I had UNTIL ammo became very hard to get and high price. for both the rim fire and center fire The 32 Center fire IS

NOT any thing that is currently loaded by normal companies

The correct ammo is 32 SHORT COLT and 32 LONG COLT
    the current 32S&W both short and long has a bigger case and head size
    so the 32 S&W will not chamber and in fact will not fit in the magazine [V][V][V][V][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

edit 1 yes 32 short or long COLT only.

EDIT #2It Would be worth your time to remove the Butt Plate. on your rifle They came drilled with a round hole to contain the firing pin that was not being used . Your rifle might have the original one . HOPE SPRINGS eternal in the heart of all collectors
    on those little details long forgotten by most.

However you still have the major Problem in the fact that only 32COLT both short and long CENTERFIRE will work in the magazine and chamber that is not counting the feed ramp and all other parts of the action. I may have some colt ammo but it would take some time to locate
  • Options
    edited November -1
    spider you are right I did mean a 1892. Just so I go this right, I could shoot a colt short or Long in this Gun?
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't this rifle have a convertible firing pin that will fire both rim fire and centerfire 32 rounds?
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was long time ago(early 60's), Dad made the center fire firing pin for the rifle out of flat stock. You take out the rimfire firing pin out of the bolt and put in the centerfire one. It's not a selector on the hammer like a model 53 S&W or a TC.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Perry, if you come up with some ammo let me know and I will check out the butt plate.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I found in all my ammo storage a 50 round box of Peters Rustless 32 long Rimfire but It would be costly even before haz mat shipping
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You sent me an email and I replied but your ISP returned my message to you as undeliverable [?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?][?]
    WTS
  • Options
    walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1