In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Missing bolt

pigfarmer05pigfarmer05 Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
edited October 2014 in Ask the Experts
Up for sale at public auction Sunday is a Win Mod70/270 pre 64 without a bolt. you can view the listing on Gary Yancy Auction service. What is the value without a bolt.

Comments

• Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    A bolt for a pre 64 model 70 in 270 cost $167.80 at Numrich, but they are sold out, so who knows.
    The collector value is gone without the original serial numbered bolt. If you could find a bolt, it would likely need to be lapped to fit the action properly. A 270 or 30-06 will work.
    W.D.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Condition and configuration of the parts that they actually have for sale will determine the value. Yancey would be the correct spelling. Pic's are nearly worthless for evaluation IMHO.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a "using" rifle no more than 50% of the normal value. For a collector? Well, real collectors don't want mongrels in the kennel.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    I've sold pre 64 bolts for $175 to $200.

If the rifle is a standard grade, but in high condition, even with a misnumbered bolt I would think it's a $800 rifle. It would parts out for that.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like the trigger guard is absent as well, plus who knows what else is wrong with it. I would hate to buy it and find out.