In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of a Winchester 94 (post 1963)

kromanatkromanat Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited October 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hi,

I have a post 1963 Winchester 94, and I was wondering whether anyone could help me determine its' worth.

SN: 2731981

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Win94_1_zps8cd12095.jpg
Win94_6_zps4c7dec67.jpg
Win94_5_zps38818f68.jpg
Win94_3_zps729cf4b6.jpg
Win94_2_zpsc9054351.jpg
Win94_4_zps4d22c543.jpg
Win94_7_zps927ddc47.jpg

Comments

  • Options
    DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe ser# 2700000 is when the post 64's began. Easiest way to see what they're getting is to look at completed sales on the auction side
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dokey
    I believe ser# 2700000 is when the post 64's began. Easiest way to see what they're getting is to look at completed sales on the auction side


    More accurately, serial number 2700000 was the starting serial number for the Post-1963 production Model 94s.

    Way too many people incorrectly state "pre-64" or "post-64", and by doing that, they have essentially skipped the year 1964. The accurate (correct) way to state is is "pre-64" or "post-63".
  • Options
    kromanatkromanat Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the clarification on the dating.
  • Options
    paperpaper Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is the most up to date info available..
    Rather than argue about fly crap, I thought I'd actually answer your question.. :)
    It won't let me align the prices below the %, but you'll figure it out..



    MODEL 94 STANDARD MODEL
    .30-30 Win., .32 Win. Spl. (disc. 1973, reintroduced 1992), 7-30 Waters (new 1989), .44 Mag. (mfg. circa late 1960s-1970s), .44 Spl. (mfg. 1984), .444 Marlin (mfg. 1984), or .45 LC (mfg. 1984) cal., lever action, 6 or 7 (24 in. barrel only) shot tube mag., 20 or 24 (mfg. 1987-88 only) in. round barrel, open sights, straight walnut stock, two barrel bands on forearm, Angle Eject became standard 1984, 6 1/2 lbs. Mfg. 1964-1997.

    Grading
    100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
    $425 $350 $295 $250 $200 $175 $150
    Last MSR was $363.
    Add 25% for 7-30 Waters cal.
  • Options
    kromanatkromanat Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    paperpaper Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kromanat
    Thanks Paper.


    No problem.. I have a subscription to the Blue Book of Gun Values and it's updated twice a month.
    That said, the real value is what someone will give you, but if you're looking for insurance values, that should be spot on.. [;)]

    Enjoy that rifle!!
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by paper
    quote:Originally posted by kromanat
    Thanks Paper.


    No problem.. I have a subscription to the Blue Book of Gun Values and it's updated twice a month.
    That said, the real value is what someone will give you, but if you're looking for insurance values, that should be spot on.. [;)]

    Enjoy that rifle!!



    That's great !!! Now maybe we will get some good reliable info.


    You paying attention Bert?
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by paper
    This is the most up to date info available..
    Rather than argue about fly crap, I thought I'd actually answer your question.. :)
    It won't let me align the prices below the %, but you'll figure it out..



    MODEL 94 STANDARD MODEL
    .30-30 Win., .32 Win. Spl. (disc. 1973, reintroduced 1992), 7-30 Waters (new 1989), .44 Mag. (mfg. circa late 1960s-1970s), .44 Spl. (mfg. 1984), .444 Marlin (mfg. 1984), or .45 LC (mfg. 1984) cal., lever action, 6 or 7 (24 in. barrel only) shot tube mag., 20 or 24 (mfg. 1987-88 only) in. round barrel, open sights, straight walnut stock, two barrel bands on forearm, Angle Eject became standard 1984, 6 1/2 lbs. Mfg. 1964-1997.

    Grading
    100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
    $425 $350 $295 $250 $200 $175 $150
    Last MSR was $363.
    Add 25% for 7-30 Waters cal.


    Unfortunately, you did nothing to answer the question. The gentleman who explained the post 63/pre 64, has written 3 reference books, that supersedes the erroneous data in the Blue Book. He is one of the foremost Winchester Expert's in the world.

    That rifle in the photo's is worth someplace between $300.00-400.00, depending on location, and time of the year. Near hunting season will bring more.

    If you want to get yourself a copy of the real Winchester data, you will need to purchase a copy, of "The RED BOOK od WINCHESTER values An Investment Opportunity". It is written by Larry Shennum, and Bert Hartman. No, it is not fly crap either...those dates pose significant differences in structure, and values...yes, even one little year.

    Best

    EDIT 1

    quote:
    And yet the original poster was happy with the answer.

    Feel free to bicker some more.
    Go to Top of Page




    You have come to the wrong place. The OP was being nice. Unfortunately when someone who doesn't know, calls "FLY CRAP" to someone who does then something is going to happen. My suggestion would be to snarky comments out of it, and post what you know...or in this case obviously did not.

    Best
  • Options
    paperpaper Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And yet the original poster was happy with the answer.

    Feel free to bicker some more.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,062 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speaking of fly crap, the Blue Book qualifies nicely.
  • Options
    paperpaper Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL!!!
    Stop!! You guys are only proving my point.

    Picking fly crap out of pepper. Your comments are pointless when it came to answering a simple question.

    Rather than trying to prove who's the smart guy, answer the question.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,808 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    250-295-RETAIL here
Sign In or Register to comment.