In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin Mod 336 Marauder

jlynch60jlynch60 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
Hello:
I own a Marlin Model 336 in .30-30 cal called the Marauder. Serial number starts with a 'Z' meaning it was made in 1964. Does anyone have any idea of it's value.

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry

Comments

• Options
    tatercatstatercats Member Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have looked for one of these marlins for a long time because it has a short barrel (16.5") and has a straight stock and an oval lever. i dont know the value but i have not seen any for a long time. id say a little bit more than a regular marlin 30-30.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    tatercats you do know Marlin makes a youth 336 in 30-30 with a 16.5" barrel , should be an easy job to put a full size stock on one
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blue book puts the Marauder at $475 for New condition Most are in average used condition $275-300.
    Saw one at an auction go for $375 new in box (30-30).

sales@hoosiergunworks.com Gun Parts
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    xxstincexxxxstincexx Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=48585039

Marlin 336 SC marauder .35 Remington, manufactured 1957, excellent condition
  • Options
    reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And to think I gave my nephew one of these.When he lost interest in hunting his dad(my brother in law traded it away. I never considered the jump in price i know I paid less than $100 for it. It was a .35 rem too , one reason I sold it was the muzzle blast and fireball
  • Options
    jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reddnek
    And to think I gave my nephew one of these.When he lost interest in hunting his dad(my brother in law traded it away. I never considered the jump in price i know I paid less than $100 for it. It was a .35 rem too , one reason I sold it was the muzzle blast and fireball

It isn't a Marauder and he has since changed the ad to what it is a 336SC.

Ben