In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kimber .22

wallace20wallace20 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
Thinking about getting a kimber .22 custom classic for squirrel hunting.My question is how accurate are they,and who has the best deals on kimbers.Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a kimber of oregon md 82 classic in 22 hornet, it is very accurate. you are probably looking towards the newer kimbers made in NY I would bet the craftsmanship is close and the quality too.although they both are somewhat expensive,buy a good scope and warne rings for your purchase you wont be disapointed, here is an kimber of oregon to consider, Loko
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=76475522
    and another
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=76878895
  • Options
    tomertomer Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i used to hav a kimber 22 its a good gun depending on the barrel its very accurate
    when u site it in
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an older Kimber of Oregon, and it is a great rifle. I've always wanted a Super America, but I think I'm out of luck. Kimber is discontinuing there rimfire line.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had several Oregon Kimbers (.22 L.R. & Hornet) and a Hunter Kimber .22 (N.Y.) The same in name only. Do NOT call Kimber of N.Y. and expect to discuss an Oregon rifle. They won't even talk to you. For wood and metal finish you can't beat the better Oregon's but for my money the newer rifle is a better design; trigger, firing pin, etc. Mine came with a test target that showed 5 rounds in under .3" at 50 yards. It's done the same for me on a good day. (Mine, not the rifles. )
    The can't go wrong with either but I've seen mediocre to bad wood on both so would never buy one sight unseen.