In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt revolver cal 22

mallardmallard Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
good morning all,

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=75752730

i was ?lucky bidder? the above revolver. now that it is in my grubby hands i am not sure of the model/age of revolver/which 22 it shoots?

it has the normal proof mark in front of trigger/cal.22 on left side of barrel/colt logo with an open oval/the front sight has a brass blade which could be filed/rear sight adjustable for windage/logos on grips are brass both face forward/sn is 94xx on frame.

those are all the markings i could find.

as picture shows i need a vintage nut for ejector rod.

any/all help appreciated, thanks in advance,

mallard

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks like a colt police positive target. circa 1910. they did make that gun in 22WRF. youll need to have a 'smith' mike it for you to be sure.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    mallardmallard Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    good morning bob/henry,

thanks for the responses. you echoed my thoughts about a police positive. i was hoping for someone to know/say it was a ?normal? 22 or 22 wrf with the info provided.

a good weekend to all,
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should be able to tell yourself.

With the exception of length, external dimensions of the .22 WRF case are just about the same as the .22 WMR (.22 Magnum). So, if you chamber a .22 S, L, or LR in your gun, it should appear to be significantly undersized.

Obviously, you would not fire any other cartridge in a gun for which it was not designed.

Neal