In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GARAGE SALE M16 AMMO POUCH FIND

EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
Was going thru our garage sale finds from the last month.One of the items was a OD green canvas pouch full of misc cleaning items for rifles and handguns.Brushes,jags,patch tips and a handful of misc 22 shells.After cleanig it out I found the following printing on the inside.
CASE SMALL ARMS
AMMUNITION,M16A1 RIFLE
B465-935-4871
D5A100-68-C-1194--Some of the stamping is hard to read,so correct me if I have mis read it.
Marked US on the front flap and marked 02 on the back.It has a strap with a spring locking hook ?---It also has two small straps on each side and a couple of loops on each side.It also has two A.L.I.C.E. clips on the back.What do I have and what is the time period ? Overall it is in good cond,but has a little green growing on the brass parts.
Thanks,
EvilDr235

Comments

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Can you post pictures? It would help a lot as there were different ones issued over the years.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Commonly known as an ammo pouch. Made to clip to a pistol belt, and hold rifle magazines. The small loops/ straps with snaps are to hold a hand grenade. Slip the safety lever thru the small loop, wrap the strap around the fuze body, snap in place.