In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 11-48

Cpl. ParkerCpl. Parker Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
i recently picked up an 11-48 12 ga. it shoots high brass ammo fine, but will not eject the low brass ammo. any help would be appreciated
Dale Earnhardt # 3 R.I.P

Comments

• Cpl. ParkerCpl. Parker Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am in the process of trying to put together a collection of 11-48 Remingtons. So far I have two, one in 12 gauge and one in 16 gauge. The 16 gauge is marked 11-48 but the the 12 gauge is marked 11-48B. What does the "B" stand for.
    edited November -1
    Will a Remington 1100 or 11-87 buttstock fit a Remington 11-48?

Thanks
    edited November -1
    From the sunny/rainly south [8D],

I just bought the first ever Remington 11-48 that I've ever held and looked over. I was never actively looking for one...but I saw this nice example and the price was right. I know there are after market goodies for the 870, 1100s and more, but are there any worthwhile goodies for the 11-48? Also, I read earlier posts that mentioned feed woes...are there any other inherent problems with this model?

TTFN,

Jim
    GunHakwe
    edited November -1
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN SIMPLY INSTALL AN 11-87 BUTT STOCK AND FOREARM REPLACEMENT ON MY 11-48 ? MY 11-48 HAS A CRACKED BUTT STOCK AND I AM HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME FINDING A WOOD REPLACEMENT IN 11-48. I WOULD EVEN USE SYNTHETIC IF I COULD FIND THE BUTT AND FOREARM.
    OR, DO I HAVE TO USE AN 11-48 PIECE?
    THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR TYOUR TIME.
    RED IN N.H.
    edited November -1
    Recently got a Remington 11-48 in 16 ga. in a trade. I am looking for a little info on the gun. It is in excellent original condition. How long were thay made? When was production stopped? Any info appreciated. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    Having hell ejecting shells. Tried all kinds of different loads. Any ideas??
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A VERY NICE 1148 THAT SHOOTS FINE BUT WILL NOT EJECT THE EMPTY. ANY THINGS TO CHECK OUT, I TOOK IT APART AND CLEANED IT WELL/ THANKS
    edited November -1
    I have a 11-48 that will not cyle can any one tell me why this may be happening.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    POSSIBLY, MAY NEED SOME FITTING