In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W Tip Up

Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a S&W model 1 1/2 in .32 rimfire. I am trying to locate a new pivot screw for it. I have checked my normal sources with no luck. If you know of someone that would be willing to make one that would also work.

Thanks

OldFool.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i have a S&W tip up. looks like about 32 caliber,about a three or four inch barrel, the top of the barrel says smith and wesson springfield mass u.s.a pat jan 27, &24, july 11,86, feb 20, 1877, july 25, 1872, then on top of the frame that lifts up, it says pat'd apr 20, 78 and dec 18, 1897. the serial number on the cylinder is the same as on the bottom of the frame, 157XX. on the cylinder there is some nickle coming off, as is the top of the frame. It also has black plastic type grips, they appear oroginal, but don't have the S&W logo.i appears functional, but the hammer does not fall, like a spring is missing. What model is this, and what kind of value do they hold? thanks
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about Widner or Widmer in California?
    He makes antique parts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, but this is not one of the firearms that they support[:(]

OldFool.jpg
  • Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi OF~

Don't know if this is a "Normal" source,but ol' Jack has been around a long time..his daughters run it now,and are very good..

http://www.jackfirstgun.com/catalog.html
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    If you can't find one.....

Take a piece of wooden dowel (or delrin or teflon rod) just a bit oversize for the hole, and screw it into the hole. This will give you the thread & pitch of the screw you need.

Take that, and the gun, to a local (good) machine shop. They should be able to make one for you.