In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bass Pro shop buys guns?

chumchumchumchum Member Posts: 847 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
HI, I have an Ar-15 type rifle I wanted to sell. Seen in the local paper an ad from Bass Pro shop that they buy used guns. I went in finally got through the check-in process, get up to the gun room. No more than open the case and the guy said stop right their. Company policy, we don't buy those type of guns. Anybody heard of that before? Heck they sell semi auto handguns.

Comments

• Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Their management probably has that "Black rifles" are evil mentality.

Or they wont touch anything that is or was an "assault rifle". Sounds pretty silly to me, but its their store and they make the rules.

Put it up for auction here on GB.
  • abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just one more reason to do business with a small local shop (like us)!
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • chumchumchumchum Member Posts: 847 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HI, I did try the small shops first. However they said it was to expensive of a gun for their shops and didn't even want to make me an offer. I'll probably do the auction. I was just trying the easy way out.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chumchum,

It's not unusual to hear stories like this even when they concern a store that buys and sells firearms. It's a management decision based on their own personal feelings but they control the store and it's their job.

As Nunn points out in another thread, this is good for GunBroker and other pro-gun sites when the idiots start delineating categories of firearms that they find to be acceptable. Take it as a positive thing and create an auction listing here. BP wouldn't have given you anywhere near what the rifle is worth by a long shot anyway. An auction with good a good description and photos should gain you a far better price in the long run.

Best of luck!