In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

High Standerd Deluxe

45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
A few years ago I bought an in box High Standerd Deluxe .22 revolver with a 6 inch barrel. I know it was first bought in 1964. The person I got from said it had had about 50 rounds put through it. From the looks of it, I believe it. The original owner then put it back in the box and left it there. I have the box, manual, and a small cleaning rod that was in the box. Can someone tell me or give me a ballpark idea about how much this is worth? I don't have serial number available as I am at work. But I will keep a check on this forum and if it's needed I will add it.

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello As far as I know High Standard did not make a model named DELUXE . Is it a revolver or semi auto? If semi auto it should have a model like SharpShooter[:)]or Victor[:D] or 10X[:p][:D][:p] it also should have where it was made. Pictures would be a great help.
  • hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My bluebook 25 edition lists the high standard sentinal deluxe similar to the sentinel as
    100% 165.00,98% 135.00,95%115.00 tks hedge [:D]
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welcome to the boards!
    sounds like a double 9 sentinal deluxe. box and papers should bring a premium. maybe closer to the 200+ range.[;)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hs sentinel deluxe #9146-9147-9148-9149...1965-1973...alloy4-6"...walnut square butt blue or nickel....i guess ??$200-250++ with all the goodies & increase in prices lately but check auction prices & extrapolate..i prefer steel instead of alloy but finding low use or ANIB is difficult because alloy wear & tear is quicker than steel
  • JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    The current Blue Book 28th edition (2007) lists the Sentinel Deluxe with the blue finish at $ 205 in 100% condition. $180 in 98%, $160 in 95%.

As Bobski said there is a premium for the box and papers and if teh box nad papers are in as good a condition as the gun could add a $35-$50 premium. So if the gun is in 100% condition and has good eye appeal, it could easily bring $250 from a dedicated collector.

Few if any Sentinel Deluxe revolvers were shipped in 1964 - perhaps a couple of sample guns for sales to show around. Regular production shipmments began around April 1965.

I can usually provide the month, day and year of shipment from the serial number from the factoy records. I can also verify teh catalog number of the gun.
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey everyone.

Thanks for all the info. It more than I could find searching randomly.

Addtional info:

It is a model "R-106" Sentinel Deluxe. 6" bbl. I even have the warrenty card for it.There is a number on the box of 1803746. And the bottom of the parts list/owners sheet says 1965. I was close.

It feels like it has a 25lb trigger on it. *L* No accidental discharges with this baby. *L*

Again, thanks for all the information. I will keep checking back for any new stuff. For those who would like to see a pic, send an email and I will send you a pic.
  • JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    The serial number on the box probably does not match the serial number on the revolver. 1,803,746 is a mid to late 1966 manufacture and the revolver of that serial number acutally shipped 8/31/1967.