In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt super 38 automatic

ckocmoudckocmoud Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
Thanks rufe-snow for the great feedback. The frame is NOT magnetic.

After looking at the pictures, the Pachmayr grip is tearing. I'll have to go back to the prev owner & see if he has the original grips.

Thanks to all that posted a helpful, positive response.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=354417#2796995

Forrest

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have just aquired a colt super 38 automatic Serial#1305 trying to find out any info on what it might be worth,or who could help me with some history info. I do know who the original owner wasbut he has since long past away from what I can remember him telling me quite a few years ago that it was one of the fist test series police officer pistols. This is all I Know.

Thanks
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Early 38 SUPERS bring good money if all original and with high % of finish left. Yours would be first year production We would love to see pictures and pleas post here if you but it up for sale[:)][:)]Edit You have mail the 22 pistol looks like better quality then I expected the trigger reminds me of H&R type pistol the 38 super looks like a reblue but is a 1929 model If reblue it will REALLY hurt the value. You need to modify your pictures to much smaller files I got 2 of each pistol but then it filled up my internet service and locked up my email. [:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Perry Shooter I have sent you some pictures take a look if anyone would care to see this pistol please email me and I will send them off.

Thanks Craig
  • Options
    brummiejimbrummiejim Member Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi. I had an early .38 Super and sold it when I needed money for something else (probably a familiar story for many of us). I sold it to a guy who specialized in them -- yes, there are such people. Mine was in top shape. If you like, send me an e mail photo and I'll give you my opinion as compared to my experience with mine. Regards Jim Thomas jthomas982prodigy..net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jim i tried to send you an e-mail but was rejected please send me one to ckocmoud@comcast.net