In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fire Arms Regs

challenger_ichallenger_i Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Ok, I'm a resident of Texas, currently banished to North Dakota on business. I'd like to buy a shotgun, so I can get in a bit of pheasant hunting.

what am I facing to do this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Walk into the gun shop.Pick out the gun that you want. Fill out the 4473. Pay the folks and enjoy.
  • Options
    challenger_ichallenger_i Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    no waiting period, or other ignorant stuff?
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    There may be residency requirements seeing as how you're from Texas, and you want to buy a gun in N.Dakota. Best bet would be to wander into the gun store (NOT a WallyWorld or pawn shop) and ask about getting a copy of the Proclamation or Hunting Info booklet or whatever they call it there. While they are explaining the difference between canvasbacks and teal; you can inquire as to the hunting residency regs, license fees, private land hunts, etc.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,043 ******
    edited November -1
    A resident of any state can buy a long gun in any other state, as long as the purchase and possession are legal in both states. If ND has a waiting period for ND residents, you will also have to wait.

Let's say a certain long gun is illegal to own where you live. You can't go to a state where the gun is legal to own, buy it and carry it back.

A shotgun for pheasant hunting should not be a problem to purchase.