In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Please help! Dakota Colt 45 question

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello This is a "CLONE " of the Colt Single action model 1873. SOME parts may interchange and others will not. with a Colt or other makes of clones. IMHO value is $250.00 + or -
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can give us all the markings on the revolver, it would be best, (your photos aren't sharp enough). Dakota was a generic name used by a American importer/distributor, for Colt Single Action clones made in various European Countries. Most of the Dakota's were made in Italy and don't have great collector demand/value. Small numbers though were made by Hammerli in Switzerland, and are more sought after.
  • Options
    deerodgersdeerodgers Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found the made in italy stamp on the gun. There are some other markings on the area above the trigger and below the cylinder but I can only make out 2 x's and it appears to be a symbol and something else stamped there, either Im blind or they are just too hard to read! The barrel says Dakota cal .45 Colt. and something extremely small that I can't make out where the barrel joins the cylinder area.
    There are also some of the same type on the cylinder. Thanks for all the information, I wanted to know something about it so that I could put it with the gun in my safe so that whoever gets it when I am gone will know about it. It was given to me by my husbands ex father in law and he died and I knew nothing of its history than the fact that he bought it from some old man named NYE which is stamped on the end of the handgrip.