In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Python Value again

asopasop Member Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I know this becomes repeticious but kinda unusual situation. Good news, Ser# 23XX. Bad news, cyclinder drag marks you can just barely feel with your finger nail! EXCELLENT condition other than that draw back. Even cyclinder end of barrel has 97% blueing left so it hasn't been hardley fired! Photos are not available but I've been asked if I were interested in buying it. 6" Brl. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Tom,
    It's worth $900-$1,000 without the box and papers.
    W.D.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We would really prefer to see some pictures that are well lit, clear, and close up, to give a real accurate evaluation. In lieu of that, check the auction side for closed auctions that have sold for one in like condition. That would be the best indicator of fair market value.

Best
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lately, Pythons have been going for any where from $700 to $1500 depending on finish, barrel length and of course condition.

Wear on the end of the cylinder and barrel is more a measure of how much it has been in and out of a holster as opposed to firing.

Blued 6 inchers are very common. Without pictures, I would say if you can get it for $700 to $800, you would be getting a decent deal.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is NO ware anywhere on the gun. Where the barrel meets the cyclinder, blueing is 97% which to me means VERY few rounds have been fired. Not having the pc. in front of me, is there a Ser.# stamped on the cyclinder? If not couldn't this be replaced? Just a thought. Thanks