In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Return Policy

dluchdluch Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Im having a dispute with a seller.

In his ad, he has a "Three Days from the date the item is received" return policy.

Now that I have the pistol in hand, I see that some of the markings on the gun have been faked (couldn't really tell from the pictures).

He says that he WON'T honor the return because he had pictures of the stampings.

Any suggestions for recourse?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,713 ******
    edited November -1
    Open a Customer Support issue in the "help" section. Auction problems can't be discussed in the forums.
  • Options
    dluchdluch Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The GB Help is useless - basically says I'm on my own.

I'm asking for others experience in this type of matter - I'm trying to be reasonable with the seller, but he won't budge. Frankly he omitted to say the markings on the gun we're frauduletly made & I think that makes his bid a fraud, since there was no mention of that in his ad.

I don't want to cancel my CC payment, but at this point I feel like I have no recoure.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dluch
    I don't want to cancel my CC payment, but at this point I feel like I have no recoure.

If you were defrauded of your money, absolutely cancel the credit card payment, make him sue you.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How can you be 100% sure the markings were faked? And how do you know this seller was the one that faked them? But, irregardless, if the ad says three day inspection, you should be able to return the gun for a refund no matter what the reason.