In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

?no shipping, local pickup only? ???

jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Can I list an action here on GB with "no shipping, local pickup only"? I'm curious on how I'll do and if it doesn't work out my idea is to re-list it with a shipping option.

Comments

• Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can state in your description that it is for local pickup only. I doubt you would have much luck doing that. If you do sell it, it would most likely go for less. Not only would the right person have to come along, but that person would also have to be very close to you.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK to do.
    Certainly limits the potential buyer size though.

CP
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Watch out for scamers, When I was still doing the auctions, sold a pistol to a guy in the east, ( 2,000 miles away ). He e-mailed before the end of the auction with his FFL's transfer information. One hour after the end of the auction, I got a e-mail from some local guy who told me HE had won the auction, and was going to come over and pick up HIS gun. He wanted my phone number to make arangements. Needless to say, he didn't get my number.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    last i checked, a travelling ffl can pick up a gun anywhere in the usa. its why he has one.[;)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.