In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HAMILTON 027 QUESTION

Shansei45Shansei45 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Just obtained this little oddball 027. I may have asked for info on it before. It is NOT stamped like any I've ever observed. Has anyone seen one like this before? Is there ANY record of these stampings?

Not only is the Maker Name, Address, and Model Number stamped on completely different, but there's also an ADDITIONAL stamping of the initials TOA near the takedown bolt head. (See photos) Has THIS feature ever been observed on ANY Hamilton?

This gun is identical in EVERY respect to another 027 I have now, and others I've previously owned, EXCEPT for the stampings. I'd greatly appreciate any info you might be able to furnish. Thanks in advance.

Best regards ~ ~ ~ Shansei45

HAMILTON027ODDBALLMARKS002_edited.jpg

HAMILTON027ODDBALLMARKS_edited.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, rufe-snow, I've written him twice with no reply yet. I was experiencing a server changeover in my service so may have gotten lost in the shuffle. On previous queries he's been VERY prompt in responding. He once even contacted Wes the ex-Hamilton employee on a point I had raised about rear sights on these. Wes said it depended on what was on hand that day, that's what they used. And Jim got right back to me.

So, I'm stumped why he hasn't answered. Maybe on vacation. I'll give it a few more days and send the query and photos to him again.

Thanks for the heads-up on that.

Best regards ~ ~ ~ Shansei45
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I heard back from Jim about this odd stamping. He says he and "Wes" - whom I believe is an elderly ex-Hamilton employee, and/or may have authored the book Jim got his original research info from - both have seen this stamping before. He wasn't sure if they both were viewing the same gun or different guns.

Regardless, he thinks it was NOT done by Hamilton. One reason he cites is that Hamilton titled their guns by "NO." and not the word "MODEL" as on this little guy.

I disagree because what advantage would there be in ANYONE else stamping it? The type styles used in this stamping are only slightly different from the norm. There is certainly NO financial gain starting from scratch to build the receiver then stamp it thusly.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks for any info.

Best regards from "The Gunshine State" ~ ~ ~ Shansei45

GUN CONTROL is NOT about guns! It is all about CONTROL!