In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HK model 4

scott5792scott5792 Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hello,Anyone out there have any thoughts on a price. I have the HK model 4 with the 22 cal. barrel with matching #'s. both are in seperate H&K boxes.Then I also have a seperate set of 3 barrels and mags for .22,.25,.32. in the box.The grip on the pistol has a scratch or indent in the plastic. other than that it's in great shape..Thank you for any replies.Scott

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    no help at all?
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    scott5792,I bought a Model 4 in .380 a couple years ago for $275, which I understand was a good price ... I've been looking for a .22 barrel & mag conversion which are usually around $100, but I always seem to be either a day late or a dollar short! I've seen a couple of complete sets like you describe advertised for $450+ but little interest amoung buyers at that price as the .32 & .25 aren't in much demand ... smaller, lighter pistols are avaiable for much less ... hope this helps.
    Sometimes the most obvious, IS the most elusive!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you. I seemed to have been taken for an extra $100. oh well.thanks again.Scott
  • Options
    HK CoolHK Cool Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen the gun and all 4 barrel & mag sets listed for as much as $700 but I don't know if it sold for that much
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought them seperately ,so probably why I got taken. I Paid $350 for the gun and the extra 22 kit. Then ordered the barrels for the $450 like Kimberkid said.(bad choice) oh well,live and learn huh?Still a nice gun. Thanks for the replies.Scott
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out the HKPRO website for more information on this interesting variation of the Mauser HSc design. I will list what I think it the proper address: www.hkpro.com If it does not work, just search for HKPRO.[This message has been edited by JudgeColt (edited 04-01-2002).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you judge. A colt fan huh? Happen to know where there are a set of new/close to new grips for a M1908 in 380?thank you again,Scott
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had to edit the HKPRO address, but now it works. I had opened the handgun forum site and copied the address, but, for some reason, it did not work. Do you need hard rubber or wood Model M grips? The .32 and .380 grips generally have the same variations through the years, so that will help you because there are about three times as many .32s and .380s. There is someone who makes repro hard rubber grips, but they will not serve well on a collectable quality piece. Randall Bessler's last list had both hard rubber (2d variation) and wood. The H/R were $60 to $80, and the wood were $150. Call Randy at 775-885-0717 and see if he still has Colt Items 30 through 32 on Page 27 of his number 0102 list.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Never saw those prices I guess I'll have to stich with the sort of worn(colt and the horse are still seen. Thank you for the info Judge colt.So the 380 was made in less quantity?I picked it up for close to nothing. It had been parkerized after he threw his salt water wet shirt on it. A few pits on the frame and slide right at the trigger guard.Barrel is clean and fresh. Shoots like a champ. Glad that he wanted to get rid of it.Thanks again,Scott
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry everyone. just didn't want to lost this post. I'm still looking for more posts.Scott
  • Options
    wildbillo68wildbillo68 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a HK4 in .380 last week. i love them, it's an aquired taste i guess..Paid too much I'm sure ($450), but the box came with it, and i couldn't refuse! At least it's in fine cond. They have a range in store, so I shot it and this one tends to jam on first round (when I fully loaded clip), but fine after that! There collectors items anyway! Shot a hell of a group though- after sitting for 20 years!....
    There is a .32 barrel and clip on gunbroker now for $100.00, and the set of all 4 barrels and boxes for $750 is still there (long time), but the handle on one side is shot! i wanted to buy it, cause all the stuff is there, but too much $$$$ with those scrapped up grips it has... (Maybe in the future I'll offer him $$)
    A local shop had a plated one in .32 w/ gold acents (now a shooter) it came out sharp...$300.00...I went back to * it and it's gone- with the .32/.25 small carry craze lately! i was gonna buy it just for the extra grips and get the one on GB.com to make a real nice set...but...when ya snooze- ya lose I guess!
    I know the thread is old ( a few years) but if your still out there, are you still playin with that old HK4- hit me up!