In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rhino revolver

keithmichigankeithmichigan Member Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
I'm thinking about getting this gun. But first I wanted to ask you folks opinion of it.

Rhino made by Chiappa Firearms.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody fire one?
  • Options
    oneoldsaponeoldsap Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Chiappa isn't exactly a household name is it . I remember reading a thread from a disgruntaled owner on one of the forums . I've always thought it prudent to let something be on the market for two or three years before buying . Gives the maker a chance to work out the bugs or the product to proove to be junk .
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOOGLE, "Rhino revolver review". Spend a little time scrolling through the links. It will help you get a handle on what the actual street cred is for the Rhino.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    keithmichigan,

For what it is worth, Chiappa is an importer, not a manufacturer. These are not the first time these revolvers have shown up on this side of the pond either. I believe they were marketed before in 357/multi caliber, and 44 magnum before, by some other name brand. I think it was Madussa, or something like that, if I remember correctly.

Best
  • Options
    spas12spas12 Member Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    keithmichigan,

For what it is worth, Chiappa is an importer, not a manufacturer. These are not the first time these revolvers have shown up on this side of the pond either. I believe they were marketed before in 357/multi caliber, and 44 magnum before, by some other name brand. I think it was Madussa, or something like that, if I remember correctly.

Best

I think you're thinking of mateba.
    Which is only really similar in that the barrel is is aligned with the lower chamber.
    thy designer may also be designed by same person.
  • Options
    CSI21CSI21 Member Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have only held one, however I did read a review by Massad Ayoob, in which he spoke highly of it and bought the gun he tested. Ayoob, in my opinion, normally tells it pretty straight. But thats all I have on the gun.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CSI21
    I have only held one, however I did read a review by Massad Ayoob, in which he spoke highly of it and bought the gun he tested. Ayoob, in my opinion, normally tells it pretty straight. But thats all I have on the gun.

Not that Ayoob doesn't know his stuff, but as all gun writer's go, they are paid by a manufacturer, and publisher to write a review. If you want more work, then it is a good review. That said, Ayoob, buying the test speaks volumes.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    After looking at the complex trigger works in the handle I am concerned about reliability.
  • Options
    marc2564marc2564 Member Posts: 169 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Always wondered about kabooms in this revolver. With a standard, barrel on top, you rarely here of anyone being injured when the gun comes apart due to over pressure.With the chamber and barrel much closer to your hand, I wonder if it would be more dangerous or not?