In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Inland M1 carbine

bluesteel4rbluesteel4r Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
I have a inland carbine that does not have a date on the barrel. It has Inland mfg.div. general motors then the letter "P" halfway down the barrel. ser.#64475xx any info. please [?]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    This was passed down to me from my great grandfather. I'd like to see if anyone can give me an accurate value on it. I haven't found another with a folding stock similar to this one. I'm not sure if it's original or not. I've taken pictures of all of the stamps I was able to locate in addition to a crack at the back of the stock. There is also a number etched into the trigger guard.

Thanks in Advance!

guns%20002.jpg
    guns%20004.jpg
    guns%20008.jpg
    guns%20013.jpg
    m1carbineclose%20004.jpg
    m1carbineclose%20005.jpg
    m1carbineclose%20006.jpg
    m1carbineclose%20007.jpg
    m1carbineclose%20008.jpg
    m1carbineclose%20009.jpg
    m1carbineclose%20010.jpg
    m1carbineclose%20011.jpg
    m1carbineclose%20012.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a WWII Inland M1 carbine my dad brought it back for the south pacific I have seen them for sale from 800 to 2500 what's the big price difference all about ser is 670xxxx ?
    probably not going to sell it because of the sentimental value but I was just trying to figure out the big difference ?
    thanks
  • Options
    countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    Price factors include if it is a import or not, original parts, mfg of it, condiditon, if it has been rebuilt or not and a few other things.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you would like to post photos of it (including shots close enough that we can actually read the markings), we may be able to help you figure out what you have there. We respect (actually, encourage) your decision to keep it.

Or, you can try to figure it out for yourself. An inexpensive paperback ---- US M1 Carbines, Wartime Production by Craig Riesch--- has enough details to determine what each part is.

Neal
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Over 6 million carbines were produced during WWII and they stayed in service for many years. Because of this most went through a rebuilding process, often more than once. The higher end examples are close to or (we can all dream) original. Inland is the most common of the carbines and to bring top $$$ an example has to be nearly unmodified and in nice condition. Import marked carbines (as CF already mentions) are always worth less money that example watch don't carry an import stamp. Photos are a must but just to give you an idea; how clsoe to this is your example?
    [img][/img]00Carbine.jpg
    [img][/img]00Carbine2.jpg

Notice the non adjsutable rear sight, lack of a bayonet lug and the push-button safety.
  • Options
    322nd322nd Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course your's is very late (6.7mill) so it probably originally came with a bayo lug and adjustable rear sight.
    Kim