In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Millett TRS 10x 50 or Bushnell Elite Tactical 10x

1988z011988z01 Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
Hey Folks:

Looking for a cheapo, and the best bang for the buck. YES, I know all about the high quality scopes, and I am actually lucky to have a couple, but I just don't have the funds to spend $2000 right now. I would rather shoot now and save for the one I want as I go. Then I can have the one I want and a decent spare in the closet.

So, I am looking for a scope for an AR10 in .308 and I thought these two were in the current budget for now. I am hoping to get a few responses from some folks who might have some experience with these. Both have interesting aspects, but I thought I'd leave it to the experts.

Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's your intended purpose for this scope and how much do you have to spend??
  • Options
    1988z011988z01 Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

I plan to use this scope primarily just for shooting. The rifle would be used for hunting as well, but primarily for just shooting. I had planned to spend $200 to $300.
  • Options
    chumchumchumchum Member Posts: 847 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, I have not use them. However my friend had the Bushnell 10X and complained about it on overcast days. Now for my shameless plug. I have a few scopes listed. look me up under chumchum.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1988z01
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

I plan to use this scope primarily just for shooting. The rifle would be used for hunting as well, but primarily for just shooting. I had planned to spend $200 to $300.

So am I correct in assuming these are both a straight 10x scope?? If so IMHO I see no use for a straight 10x scope. Your needs may vary. If not take a look at the Leatherwood ( Hi-Lux ) series of scopes. I've started using them a few years back and like them a lot. There are some models that fit in your price range and a few that would cost about $50 more. Nice bright scopes that get good ratings.