In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question on an early Ruger Flatgate

davidh5000davidh5000 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
I have an early Ruger Flatgate (serial # 6,xxx) It is all original with the old style dull eagle hard rubber black grips. The finish on the gun is 95% or better with only the very slightest of holster wear at the muzzle, it is barely visible. The cylinder has just a hint of a dragline. Other than this the gun has no wear. The grips have very little paint loss to the eagles, it takes a magnifying glass to notice it. I was wondering what it was roughly worth

Comments

• Options
    CJS10CJS10 Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    davidh5000,

We really need to see good pictures to give you an accurate evaluation. The grips should have no "paint loss", as they are not painted, as you stated they are hard rubber. You would be talking in the neighborhood of $400.00-500.00 for your revolver. Check on the auction side, and see what they have actually sold for by looking at the auctions that have ended in the last 30-60 days, after typing in flat gate into the search ingen for pistols/revolver's.

Best

EDIT 1

The one in the listed auction below is not a FLAT GATE. It is in nice shape though.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    davidh5000,

We really need to see good pictures to give you an accurate evaluation. The grips should have no "paint loss", as they are not painted, as you stated they are hard rubber. You would be talking in the neighborhood of $400.00-500.00 for your revolver. Check on the auction side, and see what they have actually sold for by looking at the auctions that have ended in the last 30-60 days, after typing in flat gate into the search ingen for pistols/revolver's.

I don't know how to post pics here. "Paint loss" wasn't really the right words to use because the finish is from the factory. At least now I do have some idea what it is worth though. Thanks

Best
  • Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there was just one listed., Link below.Should be a good reference

I paid a little more but I really wanted it

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271567737

Good clarification TSR obviously true but a pretty close match for price estimations I think, Flat gate should bring more
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by golferboy426
    there was just one listed., Link below.Should be a good reference

I paid a little more but I really wanted it

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271567737

Looks in the same condition as mine. As far as I know mine has no replacement parts. Mine was made in 1954 also.

All this helps a lot as I am thinking of selling mine and it gives me a guide what to ask for it