In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rossi 461

tone59tone59 Member Posts: 673 ✭✭
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
I would like to hear comments from owners as to why they like or dislike thier Rossi 461-462.

Im looking to buy an inexpensive 357mag snubby.

Comments

• Options
    tone59tone59 Member Posts: 673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Rossi 461 (357mag)off GB and I have not recived it yet, but I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some feedback on them. I was just looking for something I could carry and not mind if I marked up or wore the blueing off of. I only paid $225 NIB so I feel I got a good deal. Thank you!!!!
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Sold mine; too whippy for me with full-on reloads.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I pretty much spelled it out for you in this post...

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=549231

Best
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    I have had some luck with Rossi 461's. Serviceable gun.

I will agree that there are good one's and bad one's. I have had to "adjust" several of the 38 specials for various reasons. And the triggers require stone and spring cut. (had to do that on most of the Rugers and some of the S&W's)

So if you want "good out of the box" buy a S&W. If you can do a little work on them yourself the Rossi is one inexpensive method, metal is OK, as accurate as any others.