In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Used Burris scope question

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
I got an older USA made Burris Signature 3-12 scope on a used gun purchase the other day that has a daylight/twilight feature on the objective. Is this of any real value or just a gimmick? The scope is heavy but very clear and appears well made. Thinking about putting it on my Ruger 220 Swift. This is a scope I haven't seen before. Thanks for any comments.

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gimmick with not a lot of real world applications unless you are shooting right into the sun. The scope as you found out is a good scope. Burris makes good stuff, warranted for life.

You will like it on any gun you mount it on!
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Burris still makes that scope in their Signature series line. Well, I take that back, as I just looked at their web site, and they have discontinued it this year. But up untill last year they made that scope, although I am not sure if they had the adjustable iris or not, for the daylight/twilight feature up untill then.

I have one of the very first 3-12x Signature series scopes they made, and it is still clear as a bell. The adjustable iris is not just a gimmic, but will severely cut down sun glare, and will also cut back the twilight veiwing time if left in the wrong posistion. I got this one in 1985, so it is 27 years old.

Best
  • jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You did really good!