In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

pistol target grips

mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
I am about to order some target grips for a pistol (buckmark) & was wondering whats the difference between

standard target grips & International eligible (ISSF) target grips ??

http://www.jnb.com/~funggrip/buckmark.html

Comments

• KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    The answer is in the faqs for the site you posted.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From Randall Fung's FAQ:
    http://www.jnb.com/~funggrip/faq.html

Q. What is the difference between I.S.S.F. and N.R.A type grips.

A. N.R.A. type grips are designed to conform to the rules of Conventional three gun shooting. They are generally more supportive, have a good thumbrest and the palmrest (heelrest) can be flared. Since there are less restrictions to size, the N.R.A grips have more adjustability.

I.S.S.F type grips conform to the rules for International shooting, specifically, Standard pistol and International Center Fire matches. The gun and the grips must fit into a box with the inside measurements of 300mmx 150mmx50mm. That's roughly 1.9" wide, 5.9" high, and 11.8" long. You must consider that many American made target pistols were not designed with International shooting in mind, so that fitting the gun into the required box size with anatomical grips can be quite challenging. Most European target guns are designed with anatomical grips in mind. The grips are higher to the bore axis and many guns do not have the magazine in the grip frame area. Most grips that come on European match pistols already conform to International shooting rules. I.S.S.F. grips are eligible for N.R.A. conventional shooting, but not the other way around.

Edit:
    In case it isn't immediately clear on reading the above FAQ, note that unless you intend to actually compete in European-type match shooting, you're better bet is the NRA type grips.
  • mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your great knowlege.[:)]