In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7x64 Brenneke rifle cartridge

west virgina cowboywest virgina cowboy Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited February 2012 in Ask the Experts
Can the Seller & Bellot 7x64 173 gr. SPCE rifle cartridge be safely fired in a 280 Remington model 7600 rifle?

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't try it.
    Just looking at the dimensions, the 7.64 is shorter head-to-shoulder by .028" and has .016" more case body taper. That is a lot of excess headspace.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    + 1 on what HAWK stated. . The 7x64 and the 7X65R as well as the 280 remington all can for the most part be reloaded with the same bullet and powder charge BUT you can't interchange the loaded cartridge. of course the 280 & 7X65 are rimless and the 7X65r is rimmed but I would not take a chance of trying the wrong ammo in my gun.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cartridges of the World says the base diameter of the Brenneke round is smaller than the .280 Rem., which along with what Hawk Carse stated makes it a no-go.
  • Options
    MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just sell it if you have some. People pay up for it. I sold 6 boxes of NOS 4 years ago
    and it went to Uruguay.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MBK
    Just sell it if you have some. People pay up for it. I sold 6 boxes of NOS 4 years ago
    and it went to Uruguay.

I think he has the rifle. He needs the ammo? He had posted where to find rounds in an earlier post.