In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

12 GA BARRELL IDENTIFICATION

SCPO RICESCPO RICE Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in Ask the Experts
I got a barrel that is not marked the only marking is 12 GA. CHOKE. It also has a serial number and is a 12 gauge single shot barrel with a bead on the front of the barrel. Can anyone tell me what gun this is for. I have no idea. Thanks JEFF

Comments

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Can you post pics[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I tried to post pictures before, I could not get it to work. I am sorry this is all the information I can provide.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have a wheel rim. It is only marked Chevy. Can you tell me what it is and what car it fits? Sorry I can't post a picture.

I mean, that's what you're asking us.

Posting pics isn't that hard. If you read the sticky and just can't figure it out, email them to me at endofwork@netzero.net and I'll be happy to upload to the topic.
  • Options
    Ned FallNed Fall Member Posts: 662
    edited November -1
    I must say that your description is lacking and the absence of a picture doesn't help. If the barrel is from a single shot breech loading break open shotgun, then I'm going to make a WAG and say it's off a Stevens made gun. They used the marking GAUGE CHOKE. (i.e.) 12 GA CHOKE.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    A 1947 Winchester model 37.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ned Fall
    I must say that your description is lacking and the absence of a picture doesn't help. If the barrel is from a single shot breech loading break open shotgun, then I'm going to make a WAG and say it's off a Stevens made gun. They used the marking GAUGE CHOKE. (i.e.) 12 GA CHOKE.
    Stevens would be my guess as well
    , I am sorry I could not provide any other info. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got an H&R circa 1919 that has the same stamping on the barrel.