In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Firearms International 1911

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
edited October 2014 in Ask the Experts
Took a look at one of these today. Model 5000 Combat it said on it. It looked kind of cheesey to me, but what's the expert opinion of them? It has an aluminum grip frame ans a steel slide, and somebody's been tweaking the lips on the mag to get it to work. The fella wants $400 bucks, so I just handed it back, before I insulted him with a counter of $250.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kind of a confusing situation? Firearms International is a long defunct/out of business, importer/distributor. I don't recall them selling 1911's, but anything is possible?

The aluminum frame makes it doubly questionable? Most that show up. Were made by that outfit in El Monte CA. in the 70's. They were poor quality castings, that lacked durability.

IMHO, you made a wise move, on passing on it. I wouldn't even give $250. Unless you were able to test fire it. For function and reliability.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Your IAI 5000Combat was made by Israeli Arms International, and imported by FIE.
    The last one I saw sold went for $475, 2-3 years ago