In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Westernfield model 30/Savage - Stevens 520

1923model12win1923model12win Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in Ask the Experts
My grandfather recently gave me half of a gun. He thought it would be a good project for me to restore. It has rust and is not very nice looking but I think I could restore it half decent. It is a westernfield model 30 also known as a savage/stevens 520. The half that I have has the action and the buttstock. I need to find, from the action forward. I have not taken it apart to see if it has the gauge stamped on the bolt or any of the other pieces inside the action. Like the winchester model 12's. I am thinking it is a 12 gauge. I would like to know if it is possible to tell what year it is by the serial #. Of all of the pictures I have seen of one they are a little different. The one that I have has a bird dog pointing. All of the other ones that I have seen do not have that. Where can I find history, parts, or information on this gun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!![8D]

Comments