In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Universal Carbine scope mount

phideaux4886phideaux4886 Member Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have a Universal .30 cal carbine that I have had since I was in my teens, I'm now almost 40.
I bought the folding stock for it twenty or so years ago and I bought a scope and mount a year or so ago.
I got the scope sighted in when I bought the scope and the gun sat in the gun cabinet for at least nine months.
To add the scope mount the rear sight had to be removed and the screw that held it in place was used to mount the scope mount.
Once the scope is mounted there is no way to tighten the scope mount screw.
I had it out in the yard today and ran 50 or so rounds through it.
All of a sudden the shots fell off the radar and I finally figured out that the screw had come loose. I am sure that I tightened it as much as I could when I mounted it, but none the less, I had to remove the scope and retighten the screw.
I will have to resight the scope, but I am concerned that the screw will become loose again and I will have to repeat today's procedure.
Is there anything that I can do to keep this from happening?
I am having the same problem with my Ruger mark II on the front sight screw. If I fire a couple of hundred rounds through it, it becomes loose.
What can I do?
Thanks,
DSM

Comments