In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Webley-Green, Kaufmann?

stunguffstunguff Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited February 2006 in Ask the Experts
I found a "Webley-Green" 455 in So. America that has the profile of the 1892 Webley-Green Target Revolver. I have read that this revolver used a design patented by Michael Kaufmann for which Webley never paid him royalties. What is unusual about this revolver is that is does not have the Webley marks, rather on the right side of the action it has the Letters MK in a triangle. The folks at the littlegun site in Belgium believe that this is a revolver manufactured by Michael Kaufmann himself. There are no proof marks to show whether it was made in Great Britain or Belgium (the two places where Kaufmann resided). The only other marks of any interest are serial numbers and the name JUAN LOPEZ engraved on the top-strap. Anyone know about Kaufmann making his own revolvers? In which time-period would he have manufactured them, and in what country? ...By the way, how does one post a photo on these forums? I couldn't find any clear instructions on the site for doing that.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The following instructions have helped other folks post photos in the past.

"First thing you need is a site to host your picture. What I mean by that is that you will need to upload your pictures to a web site that will host(display) them for you. You should not use your hard drive to host pictures for safety sake. Use www.photobucket.com to host your pictures.

After you have uploaded your pictures to the site that will host them for you(per their directions), the next thing you will want to do is go to the picture hosting site and view the picture. While you are viewing the picture, right click on it and you'll see another window that should pop up, now click on "properties" and copy the picture URL. If you know how to "copy & paste" this will be a piece of cake.

Now that you have the picture URL and your ready to post your picture. Do the following, use the following code except take out the "*" asterisk. The "*" asterisk is used here only so you can see the code. In other words if I posted the code without the "*" asterisk you will see a picture instead of the code. Anyways use this code to post your picture..
    [*img]the picture URL goes here[*/img]
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by stunguff
    Here is a photo of the Kaufmann revolver - thanks for the help on posting these! (img)http://photobucket.com/albums/e58/ryoung29/?action=view&current=webley-kaufmannL.jpg(img)

Can't help you with the revolver other then to suggest that perhaps the original manufacturing markings have been obliterated. Perhaps it's a Spanish knock-off, they weren't to concerned, ( the Spanish ) about that kind of stuff during that time frame. Also they had no requirements for proof marks until after the First World War.

Believe your photo didn't show up correctly because you didn't surround the prefix img with Brackets such as this in front [***] and a frontslash in Brackets at the end [/***].
  • Options
    stunguffstunguff Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    here goes again: th_webley-kaufmannL.jpg