In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Texas guys

xstuntmanxstuntman Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
About a year ago all city owned facilities here had to take down signs that read "firearms prohibited beyond this point" or something similiar - kinda hard to remember now. Does anyone know why? Did it have something to do with CCW? Thanks MIKE

Comments

• barnjoerbarnjoer Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am only about 62 miles North of you on US Hwy 83 & the City buildings here have it posted. I have had A CHL ever since they were offered in Texas, & I have A son in where you live & one in Abilene. Ever place I have ever been in these 2 towns have about the same thing you are talking about. I don't agree with it but I honor the signs. Never been in Jail & don't plan on it!!!!!!!!!!1
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Nunn,

But doesn't Texas state law allow for the prohibition of firearms within municipal property?
  • raskilraskil Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If there is an active court or voting going on in the building then the "30-06" sign can be posted. Otherwise a CCL holder can carry and the building should not have a sign posted. Some buildings (city) put up signs that say "the possession of a firearm by unlicensed person is prohibited", but if you have a CCL you are not bound by this sign.
    Get more info from the Texas State Rifle Association, and let them know the specific buildings not posting the "legal" sign or failing to remove the sign if not valid. The TSRA has brouoght litigation against several municipalaties for failing to remove the "30-06" signs when posted eroniously.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Nunn,

But doesn't Texas state law allow for the prohibition of firearms within municipal property?

Yes, but I believe they have to prohibit them the same way any other facility does, with a 30.06 sign.