In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Walther PPK/S 380

festusfestus Member Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me the difference between these guns:
#44363038 has smith & wesson on the side:
#44227502 has Interarms on the side, is there a quality issue or more or less the same gun?
thanks for info

Comments

• leftytwogunsleftytwoguns Member Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Interarms PPK/S is supposed to be made by Interarms in Virginia. The S&W was made more recently, and is made here in the USA by S&W themselves. Many favor the Interarms model. I have owned both and honestly enjoyed the performance and appearance of the S&W model better.
    I owned the PPK model though, I enjoyed their feel and didn't mind the tiny grip too bad.
    Left
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interarms imported Walthers from W Germany before they began making them here in the US. Those marked "Made in W Germany" are considered the best quality of ALL Walthers, & folks pay a premium for them.

Guns made by S&W are covered by their warranty. Those made or imported by Interarms are not.

Neal
  • Frank J GigantiFrank J Giganti Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speaking of the PP types, how do the pre-war PPs compare as far as quality and desirability???
  • XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Generally speaking...."rule of thumb".....

PreWar Walthers = (German made) The best, excellent

PostWar Walthers = (German made) very well made, very good to excellent

Manurhins (licensed by Walther, made PostWar and imported by Interarms) = very well made, very good to excellent

U.S. S&Ws = Lower quality and quality control issues
  • p0838p0838 Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    W. German PPK c1967

gun%20ppk%2010.jpg
  • JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The S&W walthers are high quality. The ones that you have to watch out of are those made by Interarms....
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Interarms made the PPK/S for the Kentucky State Police to issue as back up guns to the troopers. I have one that they did not issue and was sold through an Kentucky FFL. It's stainless and has "Kentucky State Police" engraved on it.

I wouldn't trade it for any other PPK/S, no matter who made it. It has never failed to fire, what more can you ask of a gun? [:)]
  • 4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have a PPK/S by Interarms. Can't ever remember even one problem with it since purchase about a decade ago. The wife loves it.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    I'd take a rock over an Interarms PPK/S. [:D]

Amen.
    Unless you can talk your attacker into admiring your gat while you make your escape, those guns were good for NOTHING. Out of the box, that is.