In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin 39AS Golden (?)

ap3572001ap3572001 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I just got an unfired Marlin 39AS Golden Original. I heard a lot of people speaking very highly of these guns. Whats so special about them? I never owned a lever in .22. (Only paid 200.00 for it.) Some say than they are the best .22 lever guns around.

Comments

• Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    It's true they are the best lever action 22 rim fire ever made, and you stole it @ $200.00
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's so special about them? Machined steel, accuracy, reliability, heft, walnut stock; overall workmanship.
    And yes, you did steal it!
    Hang on.
    Shoot.
    Enjoy.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At $200 I hope you at least bought him a drink and took him dancing! Yeah, they been making that one without a lot of changes for a LONG time. Yeah, it is made the old fashioned way with parts MACHINED of good quality STEEL. Stocks of Black Walnut. Yeah, your grandkids will still be shooting it. (My Dad's GREAT grandkids are shooting his 39A.)
  • Options
    BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alex,

Shoot it, keep it clean, and you can probaly double your money anyway- if you ever sell it!
  • Options
    ap3572001ap3572001 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want to know if there are GOOD rear sights made for it. And what id the BEST way to scope it?
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should be drilled and tapped for a receiver sight like the Williams Foolproof as well as the Lyman, if you can find one. Weaver makes an inexpensive 1 pc. mount that will take any of the Weaver style rings.