In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

browning sweet 16

danblanchodanblancho Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Considering buying extremely clean A-5. Near perfect stocks no cracks and no modifications from original. 28"(?)bbl with cross-hatched sight plane (no rib), modified choke, extremely fine blue and shiny bright inside. Gold(?) trigger has a little spotting. Has little (3"X5")instruction booklet. Comes with several boxes of Federal Monarch paper shells of varying shot and old Outers cleaning kit. Seller asking $750.00 but I would appreciate your thoughts as to value. I'm unable to determine year of manufacture at the Browning website...s/n is S14671. Thanks. Best, Jim (timbroman@aol.com)

timbroman@aol.com

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Recently purchased sweet 16 and I am not sure about date of gun.I
    think it may be 1956. H494 on barrel and 89768. Full choke. Can
    anyone help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Browning Sweet 16 automatic shotgun that I got from my uncle who is about 70, and it was his father's. I have no idea how old it is or what it might be worth. I use it once a year to shoot skeet and it always performs great, and I love being able to hold all 5 shots and not have to reload or even cock the gun between rounds.

The Barrel says Made in Belgium, and the serial is X63687 and says FN near the serial and on the butt plate.

And idea how old this is?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We are looking at a Browning Sweet 16 shotgun with the serial number x67153. It has a gold trigger with a vent-rib barrel. It is marked made in Belgium. It is in very good condition, with just a few minor scratches on the stock.
    What would be a fair price for this gun?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    when did they start making slug barrels for the sweet 16 in the 1960's or later or sooner???? I have no idea
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What are the lengths on a Browning Belgium Sweet 16 slug barrel,to the chamber and full length?

Thanks Pete
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just inherited a Browning Auto 5 Belgium Sweet sixteen with a serial number prefix OS, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what year this gun was manufactured
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have found a beautiful Belguim (1958) Sweet 16. It is in excellent condition and has not been shot much. It has the original FN butt plate, not a recoil pad. The only issue is the barrel serial does not match the gun. It has a vent rib and is 28" full choke made in Belguim. On this gun, how much will it hurt the value with the serial numbers not matching?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Was set up at a gun show and a woman and her boyfriend came up with 7 guns she had inherited and wanted to sell and I was trying to help her price them. After spending a great deal of time explaining retail, wholesale and market prices and gunshow prices I sent her on her way with the idea of having an asking price (somewhat below retail) and a selling price (somewhat lower still). In any case the best gun she had by far was a Browning Sweet 16 Belgian made in 73 with a vent rib barrel in as close to 100% condition w/o the box as you could get. The gun has absolutely no blue wear and no scratches in the finish. I would say hardly ever used. After a good cleaning it would look about new. She had a guy apraise it for 1,250.00. I explained that was for a Japanese gun and a Belgian gun was 2,150.00. But times are slow and money is hard to find and she sold it for 1,250.00. My question is what is the strength of these on the market at this time and who was closer to correct in the retail value, me or the buyer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yesterday a NIB unfired Browning Sweet 16 went for $2526. Good price or not? I see another is on the block today. Same condition.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just purchased this gun and was curious about the age and approx. value. This is a Browning Sweet 16 as stated on the receiver. On one side of the barrell it say made in Belgium and the other side says Browning Arms Co. St. Louis MO. The serial number is "S58756" I looked on Browning's website for this serial number, but could not find anything close....Can anyone help? There is a small scratch on the barrell, and the stock has just a bit of wear. Over all, I would say its about 90 to 95%.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I inherited a browning sweet 16 and would like to learn about it.The number on the bottom just above the loading mechanism has 6S above the #53483.It appears to be in perfect condition.If anyone knows how old it is and what it might be worth I would appreciate the input.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have Browning sweet 16 SER# S16182 Can you tell me year of build ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trying to get an idea as to what a Belgium Browning Sweet 16, Serial# X44470, might be worth. I believe it was made in 1951, plain barrel and in very good to excellent condition. I have a chance to buy it and neither the seller or I really know what the value is. Thanks.
  • Options
    Idaho bobIdaho bob Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My book says 1960.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That sounds about right, thanks