In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Burris Optic Question

B_McB_Mc Member Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Field of View @ 100 yards: Low 25 ft./High 9 ft.

This is from the Product overview of a Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42mm scope

Could someone plz explain what the underlined portion of this means...

If so thank you in advance.

Brent[:D]

I am not able to afford the higher end Signature Select or Black Diamond Series Scopes but I was really impressed with the overall look and performance of the lower end Burris.

Comments

• Options
    dirtyharry331dirtyharry331 Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simply put, your field of vision @ 100 yrds in 4.5 power is 25 ft, at 14 power it is 9 ft. at 100 yards. Hope this helps you. Happy shooting.
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by B_Mc
    Field of View @ 100 yards: Low 25 ft./High 9 ft.

This is from the Product overview of a Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42mm scope

Could someone plz explain what the underlined portion of this means...

If so thank you in advance.

Brent[:D]

The field of view is the measure of how much area you can see through your scope at 100 yards, generally, the higher the magnification, the less the field of view. Example, field of view of 25 (9) feet: With a field of view of 25 (9) feet, simply means at 100 yards with a target in the center of the scope you will be able to see 12.5 (4.5) feet to the left and 12.5 (4.5) feet to the right of the target.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My suggestion would be to save your nickles longer, and go for the Signature Select, With a lower end scope, you are sure to replace it one day. The Signature will last a lifetime of shooting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He Dog,

I will be using the scope for deer hunting which only last about 3 months out of the year. I tend to take very very good care of my firearms and scopes. With Burris Lifetime Warranty I think that for what I plan on using the scope for it is about all I need.

I have a Simmons "el cheapO" 3x9x40mm on it now. And even with this simmons scope deer have been dropped with it.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutely your choice. I wish I lived in a place where I could hunt 3 months of the year (and it did not have humidity!). What the Signature gets you for the extra pesos is the ability to see and shoot closer to the edges of the day, say up to 10 minutes at either end (and a lot of my shots have come just before dawn and at twilight) and better coatings which has much to do with the light transmission of the scope equaling better vision in poor light. At least you are getting a Burris either way, and that is sound judgement! Good hunting
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the advice. I dont think that I will go wrong with the Fullfield II. From what I was looking at : Bushnell 3200 and Leupold VX-III and the Fullfield II

I think that the Burris Scope was the clearest for the money.