In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Weaver K 1

HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
edited February 2012 in Ask the Experts
I have this little guy, and was going to mt. it on my 45 70 SxS. Yesterday, I discovered that there is a chip in the eye piece, at about 8:30 in the FOV. Scope has a X-hair, and dot, which I like. I'm wondering if this can be repaired, by whom, and about how much $$$$$. Could the power be upgraded to say 2 1/2, or even 4X. This will probably come down to $$$$, as usual. THX HAWKSHAW

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was made for use on shotguns years ago. I wouldn't be putting any money into it to try and get it fixed.

With all the red dots and holo sights on the market nowadays specifically set up for short range work, your K1 weaver is a obsolete anomaly. Put it on fleabay and get it off your hands before it costs you a fortune to get it up and running.
  • Options
    HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    THX Rufe---Several things---I don't care for the look (non-traditional) of the red dot's. Secondly, I am RED-Green color blind. In the sun light I cannot see the reticles, in the red/green color spectrum. I heard that Burris, could/would mfg. a dot sight in blue (which I can see) , but cannot confirm that even with them. I might have to live with a holo sight, if it is non illuminated, or shows up as a std. reticle like a std scope. Any ideas from here. THX for the K-1 advice.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might pick up a good used eyepiece by buying a broken Weaver scope at a gun show or auction site. I did that once and repaired a damaged Weaver K-4. Otherwise, sell it and buy something without issues.The K-1 is a decent scope even if somewhat dated. I have one on a Remington 1100 rifled slug gun that I have used without problems for years.